Vermont is known as the “Green Mountain State” and rightly so when your consider some of the following stats –
• There are 223 mountains in Vermont with Mt. Mansfield topping out at almost 4,400 ft. elevation and within view of our back porch and most of our guest rooms
• While one of the smallest states in area, 9,200 square miles, our state truly earns that “green” status when you consider that 76% of scenic state is forested
Have a desire to get outside? Check out just a few stats regarding some of our outdoor options –
• 5.5 miles of paved bike path, the “Stowe Rec Path,” from the center of our idyllic New England Town center to the base of Mt. Mansfield. Stunning views all along the way
• 50 + miles of Mountain Bike Trails within the Stowe area alone. We can also direct you to Mountain Bike Riding Centers nearby in the Northeast Kingdom
• For the kayakers/canoeists – there are over 7,000 miles of rivers and streams with connections to the 740 mile long Northern Forest Canoe Trail
• Hiking your passion? Take on sections or the entire 273 miles of the Long Trail stretching from our southern border with Massachusetts to our neighbors to the north in Canada
More of a Winter person? Oh, do we have that covered –
• 287 inches – total amount of natural snowfall on Mt. Mansfield for the 2012-13 winter
• Stowe Mountain Resort provides 485 acres with 39 miles of skiable terrain so get out early and plan to stay late to get it all in
• Like to glide on skies (as in cross country)? Take on the Catamount Trail, a 300 mile, state long trail
And did you know? –
• Vermont is the second least populated state in the country (625,000 residents, about the same amount of people in the city limits of our old hometown, Baltimore, MD)
• The 6th largest lake in the country is in Vermont – yep, Lake Champlain is just a short, scenic 45 minute drive away from Stowe
• There are more than 30 breweries in Vermont and 5 of those are within a 5 to 10 mile radius of our Inn
• Stowe is 250 years old – being chartered in 1763 by Royal Governor Benning Wentworth originally as part of the “New Hampshire Colony”
This and so many other features of Vermont add up to one amazing place to experience a vacation you know you deserve! Please let us know how we can be of service and we look forward to welcoming you to Stowe.
Ok, of course we are going to say, “this time of year is a wonderful time to explore Vermont!” But it is absolutely true. And while it is also true that the weather can be a bit variable, these warm sunny days, cool evenings and a consistent series of showers are doing wonders for the grass and our flower and herb gardens. The Green Mountain State and Stowe is returning to the lush green we are known for.
As of mid-May we still have a few daffodils in bloom though they are becoming increasing crowded out by our perennial favorites, bee balm, cosmos and clematis. We are working on expanding our herb garden plot on the south side of the Inn just in time to add fresh herbs to our breakfast menu. We know that in most parts south of here your flora and fauna are already in early summer mode. Here, things are just a little more delayed – kind of like fine wine!
The skis have been safely tucked away until next winter, the bike tires are now re-inflated, and the golf clubs are out again. George has been out golfing several rounds already at the Stowe Country Club and can tell you that the greens are running fast and true, the fairways are firming up and the views from all over the course are still amazing. And don’t forget about the great hiking near the Brass Lantern Inn.
If you have never been to Vermont or never during this time of year consider our special “Spring into Summer Mid-Week Special” as our personal invitation to the Brass Lantern Inn:
Special Discount for all reservations made by Friday, June 14th, 2012 – Good for phone-in reservations AND online reservations from our reservations page!
Stay two nights between Sunday and Wednesday and receive a discount of 35% off of your third consecutive night stay. This offer is valid from May 6th through June 28th, 2012.
With this great offer you receive all of our exceptional amenities and services here at the Brass Lantern Inn including:
• Full “Vermont Fresh” Breakfast each morning
• Afternoon cookies and tea/lemonade enjoyed on our back porch or patio with spectacular views of Mt. Mansfield
• Indulge in our outdoor hot tub also with those views of Mt. Mansfield
• Free WiFi throughout the Inn
So, what are you waiting for…? Please feel free to call us or complete your reservation online. For online reservations go to our “reservation page” and click on “packages” and locate the “Spring into Summer Mid-Week Special.”We look forward to welcoming you to the beautiful Green Mountain State of Vermont!
This offer can not be combined with any previous or current offers/discounts and is not valid for stays in the Sugarloaf Mountain or Roundtop Mountain Rooms. No black out dates within the time period listed above, however, offer is pending availability.