Can I travel to Vermont?
Dear Friends of the Brass Lantern Inn
Welcome to Vermont!
Vermont remains the place to be to find the safe, peaceful retreat that we have been providing to our guests for more than 10 years. With so much going on in our country and this world and each state working independently to protect its citizens and visitors we completely understand how challenging it must be for those who recognize the importance of finding peace and relaxation with all of the noise surrounding us.
And remember, Vermont is, by nature, a place where physical distancing is easy to find!
Thank you for your understanding of this and all below information, as we, a family owned, operated, independent lodging property do our best to navigate these stormy waters and get back to the harbor safely.
For the latest Vermont Department of Health Update on the status within our state, click HERE.
To stay with us we ask that you review the following:
- Effective February 23, 2021: If you have been vaccinated, you do not need to quarantine to travel to Vermont or return to Vermont, as long as at least 14 days have passed since you received your final vaccine dose.
- Travelers arriving to Vermont, who have not been fully vaccinated per item 1 above, must complete either a 14-day quarantine or a 7-day quarantine followed by a negative test in a Vermont lodging establishment or with friends and family (travelers must stay in their quarantine location for the duration of quarantine other than to travel to and from a test site).
Read more about quarantining at the Vermont Department of Health website.
- Review and be able to sign the Certificate of Compliance form as provided by the State of Vermont
- When you book online through any booking channel you are agreeing to the conditions stated above and referenced
Please review and check these items BEFORE booking online. Call us as we are happy to review and confirm specific cases that may comply that are not obvious at first.
Reservation/Check-In Process -
- We will be welcoming you in facial covering/mask. We ask that you please do the same and wear a mask when inside all common areas and especially when near other guests or staff within our building. If you don't have any, we have masks for your use throughout your stay with us.
- Risk Free Bookings - recognizing the uncertainty of travel we will not take a deposit for your stay and you will have up to 72 hours of your arrival date to cancel without fees. Holiday weekends/peak seasons have
Guest and Employee Health -
- The Vermont Department of Health is requiring that at check-in, guests complete a screening/ Certificate of Compliance confirming health conditions for every person in your party.
- All staff, including the Innkeepers are screened at the beginning of each shift/day which includes a temperature check and completion of a VT Dept. of Health questionnaire.
- Washing hands and use of hand sanitizer with a schedule of minimally hourly and as required by food handling practices will be continued and strictly enforced from policies and procedures prior to covid-19
- Front of House Signage is provided to reinforce physical distancing practices, hand cleaning and use of personal protective equipment including face masks
- Back of House Signage also provided for staff related to hand sanitation, uniforms, and proper use of personal protective equipment
Guest Services and Cleaning Protocols -
- Common areas are cleaned and disinfected regularly with an emphasis on frequent contact with hard, non-porous surfaces
- Guest Rooms and housekeeping services
- Housekeeping staff will not enter guest rooms during a stay, unless specifically requested or approved by guest, or to comply with enhanced safety and cleaning protocols
- Fresh linens will always be available and provided as requested by the guest
- Ice buckets will be filled just prior to your arrival in a sealed plastic bag and additional ice will be provided as requested
- We are happy to assist with providing our local knowledge of the area to help you find specific interests for your stay
- Breakfast Service
- You will be asked to confirm your breakfast time as we limit our service to a max. of 3 guest rooms per seating time; 8, 8:45 or 9:30
- At the guest's request we can provide a variety of types of breakfast service and menus
- Full Vermont Fresh Breakfast will be available in our breakfast room. Guests will be seated on a time reserved basis such that each guest room, family will be seated without any other guests in the breakfast room at that same time.
- Weather permitting - we can also serve a full breakfast on our outside patio with table spaced for maximum separation (12' apart)
- We have always provided a freshly prepared, on-time, breakfast service to our guests (no buffet style) and we look forward to maintaining this tradition with these precautions in place
- For served breakfast, staff will be wearing face masks and gloves to deliver breakfast to our guests and those in the kitchen involved in food production will be wearing masks and gloves
- Coffee and Tea will be served to you directly at your table
- Minimal items will be on the tables; paper place mats, individual condiment/sugar packets, salt/pepper shakers will be replaced between each seating
- Afternoon Tea and Cookies
- A favorite tradition here at the Brass Lantern Inn will be continued and provided to guests with some adjustments to this service
- Guests will need to let us know at breakfast or during check in (where time applicable) if they would like to have tea/lemonade and cookies on each day of their stay
- A private carafe of hot water or thermos of ice cold lemonade and individually wrapped fresh, homemade cookies will be provided to the guest's room when requested. This service will be provided each afternoon of your stay between the hour 4 and 5 p.m.
- All staff have received and been certified in Covid-19 safety and facilities protocols training following recommendations by the CDC, Vermont Department of Labor VOSHA, and the Vermont Department of Health
Physical Distancing -
- Following CDC guidelines, guests are advised to practice physical distancing by standing/sitting at least six feet away from other guests not traveling with them - easy to do with our great outdoor and indoor spaces!
If you have stayed with us before you know that what makes this adventure of Innkeeping so rewarding to us is our great fortune, due in large part, to our intimately scaled lodging property, allowing us to provide a very personal experience to our guests. We are still the same Mary Anne and George that have welcomed you here before and if you are planning your first stay with us please note, your health and safety and that of ours is our primary concern. With these precautions and your understanding of caring for you in this time of transition we know we can provide you with that positively memorable and safe experience here in Stowe just as we have been doing since 2009!
Mary Anne and George