Welcome to Vermont
Vermont is Open Again!
Vermont has been an amazing place to live and maintain our business for the past 12 years and none more special than the past 12 months.
We are now able to bring you exciting news of our "return from hibernation."
As of Friday, April 9, you can travel to Vermont without the need for a quarantine!
Travel to Vermont is now as simple as the following:
- If you have been vaccinated, and are 14 days or more past your second shot (or 14 days past your one dose, J&J vaccine) you can come to Vermont without any restrictions.
- If you have not been vaccinated, or can't meet the above option, you will need to show a negative covid test result that is within 72 hours of your arrival date.
While here we will continue to follow the state and CDC guidance which will require you when in any of our common areas to wear a mask, and maintain 6' spacing, we hope you can now consider the peaceful retreat of a stay here with us in Stowe, Vermont.
Reservation/Check-In Process -
- We will be welcoming you in facial covering/mask. We ask that you please do the same and wear a mask when inside all common areas and especially when near other guests or staff within our building. If you don't have any, we have masks for your use throughout your stay with us.
Guest and Employee Health -
- All staff, including the Innkeepers are screened at the beginning of each shift/day which includes a temperature check and completion of a VT Dept. of Health questionnaire.
- Washing hands and use of hand sanitizer as required by food handling practices and Health Dept. standards will be continued and strictly enforced from policies and procedures prior to covid-19
Guest Services and Cleaning Protocols -
- Common areas are cleaned and disinfected regularly with an emphasis on frequent contact with hard, non-porous surfaces
- Guest Rooms and housekeeping services
- Housekeeping staff will not enter guest rooms during a stay, unless specifically requested or approved by guest, or to comply with enhanced safety and cleaning protocols
- Fresh linens will always be available and provided as requested by the guest
- Ice buckets will be filled just prior to your arrival in a sealed plastic bag and additional ice will be provided as requested
- Breakfast Service
- You will be asked to confirm your breakfast time as we limit our service to a max. of 3 guest rooms per seating time; 8, 8:45 or 9:30
- At the guest's request we can provide a variety of types of breakfast service and menus
- Weather permitting - we can also serve a full breakfast on our outside patio with table spaced for maximum separation (12' apart)
- We have always provided a freshly prepared, on-time, breakfast service to our guests (no buffet style) and we look forward to maintaining this tradition with these precautions in place
- Coffee and Tea will be served to you directly at your table
- Afternoon Tea and Cookies
- A favorite tradition here at the Brass Lantern Inn will be continued and provided to guests with some adjustments to this service
- A private carafe of hot water or thermos of ice cold lemonade and individually wrapped fresh, homemade cookies will be provided to the guest's room when requested. This service will be provided each afternoon of your stay between the hour 4 and 5 p.m.
- All staff have received and been certified in Covid-19 safety and facilities protocols training following recommendations by the CDC, Vermont Department of Labor VOSHA, and the Vermont Department of Health
Physical Distancing -
- Following CDC guidelines, guests are advised to practice physical distancing by standing/sitting at least six feet away from other guests not traveling with them - easy to do with our great outdoor and indoor spaces!
The light at the end of this truly long tunnel for all of us is now getting just a bit brighter with each day and each vaccine that is being administered both here in Vermont and across the world. We truly feel so very fortunate to live and do business in this amazingly brave little state of Vermont. We are thankful for where we have landed and thankful for this continued opportunity to be of service to you and thankful for our continued good health.
Our new slogan,
"You absolutely deserve a dose of Vermont!"
We look forward to welcoming you to our home, our Inn.
Mary Anne and George