Exceptional Value Everyday
- Please note that there are no mandatory service charges or resort fees added to your room rate at the Brass Lantern Inn. Be sure to consider this if you are comparing rates. Our staff greatly appreciates any gratuity and as always is at your own discretion. We do include two voluntary donations/fees that are used to support the Stowe community.
- Brass Lantern Inn is now a member of Stowe Land Trust’s Hospitality Partners program. This program gives guests an easy way to give back to Stowe, so that it will always remain a special place to visit. For every night’s stay with one of SLT's Hospitality Partners, a $1 donation goes to Stowe Land Trust. These voluntary donations are used to support SLT's work to conserve important natural resources in the Stowe area. Learn more about the Stowe Land Trust here.
- As a member of the Stowe Area Association, Brass Lantern Inn collects the Stowe Community Tourism Support fee. This fee is collected by lodging properties and used to fund tourism initiatives in the area. Stowe’s fee of $2.50 plus tax per night goes towards operating the Go Stowe Visitor Information Center, maintaining the GoStowe.com website, funding strategic marketing campaigns and supporting local events and small businesses. If you do not wish to contribute, just ask and we will remove it from your bill. Learn more here.
- Rates are based on double occupancy (2 people), unless otherwise noted and include a full, Vermont Fresh breakfast each morning, afternoon/evening snack and access to all common area amenities including our outdoor hot tub, in sight of Mt. Mansfield and open to the star filled sky.
- Additional people beyond double occupancy in the same room (adults or children) are $25.00 per person per day (see room description for maximum occupancy). Please ensure all guests are accounted for in your reservation so that we may have your room ready for your party. The only exception to this is the Dewey Mountain room which accommodates 4 people at no additional charge. Vermont State Rooms and Meals Tax (10%) is not included in the standard daily rate and is, therefore, additional.
- We currently only accept children over the age of 8 unless the entire Inn is reserved by the same party (please contact us to discuss a whole Inn rental).
- We now accept pets in the Madonna Peak and Mt Clark rooms. Please review the pet policies below.
Check In / Check Out
- Check-in time is 3:00 to 8:00 p.m. Please call or email in advance for arrival after 8:00 p.m. Check out time is 10:30 a.m.
- Payment can be made by cash, check, Visa, Master Card, and American Express. Gift Certificates are available and extremely practical for the hard to buy for and/or for the person that "has everything already."
On-Site Inn Policies
- Our Inn is privately owned and while we are in a very safe, rural town we ask that you please take responsibility for safe keeping of valuables.
- Per Vermont law, smoking is not permitted anywhere within the Inn or outdoor common spaces. Please ask us where outdoor smoking is permitted. Non-compliance will result in a surcharge of $100 plus damages related and charged to the credit card on file.
- Outdoor Hot Tub is open until 10 p.m. Please follow all posted guidelines, especially no glass on the hot tub deck area.
- Please follow all posted instructions for whirlpool tubs and gas fireplaces in your room.
- Breakfast is served from 8:00 a.m. until 9:30 a.m. Special dietary needs/requests and allergies can be accommodated with notice on the prior day.
- To reduce our environmental footprint and respect our guests’ privacy, we will refresh your room upon request or after the 3rd night for stays longer than 3 nights. Please let us know you would like your room refreshed by 10:30 AM so we can inform our housekeeping staff. If you request a refresh, please leave towels or sheets you would like replaced on the floor. We will replace sheets and towels after the 3rd night (and after every 3rd night thereafter) for stays over three nights.
- Alcohol: We are pleased to now offer beer, wine, cider and ready-made canned spirit beverages to our guests. Beverages are available to order from 8 AM to 9 PM daily. Guests are prohibited from consuming outside alcohol on the first floor, patio and porch of the Inn during serving hours. Guests are welcome to consume outside alcohol in their rooms, on the hot tub deck, or in the lower yard. Per Vermont law, guests must be over the age of 21 to consume alcohol while at the Brass Lantern Inn. Guests must drink responsibility, have a designated driver if they are leaving the Inn, and the Inn reserves the right to limit or deny serving guests for any reason.
- You are responsible for any damages you cause to the facility or common areas and will be charged for the cost of repair or replacement.
- Check-out time is 10:30 a.m. Please respect our need to hold to this policy to properly service your room for our next arrival.
Deposit & Cancellation Policy
Please note that if you have booked your stay with us via a 3rd party booking site, such as Expedia, Hotels.com or Booking.com, the cancellation policies that are listed there supercede the following in relation to deposits and cancellation windows and policies. The below only applies to reservations made directly through us.
As a 9 guest room Inn, cancellations are a significant risk to our ability to maintain our business. We recognize life can get in the way of your plans, however, we highly recommend guests consider Trip Cancellation Insurance through any number of vendors to secure your stay and eliminate the cost of non-refundable deposits and payments due to you of a cancelled reservation. We also offer a limited Travel Protection benefit that will provide you coverage due to illness or death in your immediate family within the 14 day cancellation period.
Sorry, we cannot provide a refund of deposits or payments or credit deposits received to a future stay due to unforeseen travel conditions, health, including covid exposures, personal injuries, issues with you or your family or weather that may impact your ability to complete your stay as contracted through your reservation.
- For stays of 2 nights or more, a 50% deposit of the total amount of the stay (room rate and taxes) is due at time of booking. Guests who opt in to Travel Protection will be charged the full amount for their stay upon booking.
- Single night stays - your deposit is the full amount of the stay, room rate plus taxes and is also due at time of booking
- Group Stays (more than three rooms) have a separate deposit schedule - call the Inn directly to confirm
For Special Events Weekends, Holidays, Peak Season dates at listed here:
- 2/16 - 2/25/23
- 9/21 - 10/20/23
- 12/21 - 12/31/23
- 2/16 - 2/25/24
- 9/21 - 10/20/24
- 12/21 - 12/31/24
- Cancellations made more than 30 days prior to date of arrival, deposit refunded minus a $50 + tax cancellation fee
- For cancellations from 30 days to 72 hours prior to arrival, deposit is non-refundable
- Cancellations within 72 hours of arrival date, guest is responsible for the full amount of the stay and card on file will be charged at time of cancellation
For Stays Outside of the Above Listed Dates:
- Cancellations made more than 14 days prior to arrival, deposit refunded minus a $50 + tax cancellation fee
- For cancellations from 14 days through 72 hours to arrival, deposit is non-refundable
- Cancellations within 72 hours of arrival, guest is responsible for the full amount of the stay and card on file will be charged at time of cancellation
(Pets will be accepted for reservations 11/1/22 and onward)
The Brass Lantern Inn invites those who travel with their 4-legged friends to take advantage of the Mt Clark and/or Madonna Peak rooms, found on the garden level. A dog fee of $35/day will be charged for your visit. Dogs may make use of the fenced area at the front of the house, and the backyard while on a leash. For the comfort of our other guests, you are requested to either use the spa deck door or the door to the fenced-in dog area and through the gate to enter and exit with your pet.
- We require all owners act responsibly with their pets and observe the following guidelines while here at the Brass Lantern Inn. Please be certain to ensure:
- That your pet is well-behaved, house-broken, and will not disturb other guests (eg., barking, howling, jumping)
- Your pet is clean and treated for fleas and ticks
- Your pet is never left unattended at the inn when you are off-property. The Brass Lantern does not offer pet sitting services. Pet sitting services are available nearby at Dogs Etc Grooming and Daycare
- Your pet may be unattended and crated in your room when you are on-property but not in your room
- You are responsible for all damage - dogs are not permitted on any inn furniture, including beds and couches in guest rooms.
- Your dog is on-leash at all times while outside your guest room only is designated areas - dogs are not allowed in common areas
- Well-behaved dogs are welcome with responsible pet parents
- Dogs exhibiting aggressive behavior towards other dogs or people will not be tolerated for the safety for all of our guests
- Please make sure your dog is up for the visit and supervised accordingly- guests whose dogs are asked to leave the premises will not receive a refund
- Guest wishing to bring dogs must provide proof of up-to-date rabies vaccination upon request
- Bowls for food and water are supplied upon request.
- For everyone's safety:
- Retractable leashes are prohibited in the house, on the patios, porches and gardens immediately surrounding the house. Long lines and retractable leashes are limited to the back area of the yard beyond the chairs. If you do not have a regular leash, we will supply one for your visit free of charge.
- Electric shock collars and prong collars are not allowed on any of our guests for any reason. Please feel free to contact us to discuss options.
- We are happy to try to accommodate dogs with special needs or requirements - please discuss your needs with us
- Poop scooping is required.
- Owners are responsible in full for any damages caused by your pet to guest rooms, inn common areas, grounds, or other guests. Rooms will be checked after departure and if there is any damage, the Brass Lantern Inn is authorized to charge any damages to your credit card
- We will supply special towels for your furry friend’s paws - please notify us that more towels are needed and do not use bathroom towels
- Wet feet and coats must be wiped dry before entry into the house - dog towels will be provided
- The Brass Lantern Inn will supply a dog bed, toys, and a treat for your dog
If you are unsure of our policies here, please call or email us prior to booking your reservation. When you book your stay you are agreeing to the above policies.