About Stowe, VT
A Special Place in the Green Mountains
The town of Stowe is uniquely set to present you with the quintessential New England town experience, complete with the traditional and iconic white steeple church, vibrant town filled with specialty shops, art galleries comfortable pubs, craft breweries, and world class restaurants all owned and operated by our neighbors.
Stowe is also seamlessly connected to Mt. Mansfield and the four seasons of recreational and outdoor activities. Stowe’s extensive “backyard” and distinct four seasons provides an endless set of opportunities for your own recreational and spiritual discoveries of this little corner of paradise.
You will meet the warm friendly people that call this place home, their place of business and recognize the town’s fierce determination to protect and nurture all that makes Stowe a very special place to visit (and live) year round.
As the “locals” say, “while we love our winters, we live here also for our spring, summer and fall seasons!” Come, see for yourself, what makes Stowe a truly special place to retreat from the every day and discover that which is unique to Stowe.
A Special Four Season Destination in Stowe, VT
You will quickly realize either from your own research, or once here that it’s really more of a question of, “what activities can we fit into our time here?” rather than “what is there to do here in Stowe?”
Stowe, Vermont is truly a four season destination, and our seasons are all very distinct. Do you prefer warm summer days to go hiking, biking or exploring swimming holes? We've got that. If your interest is more in line with checking off one of your bucket list items such as witnessing our amazing display of nature’s fireworks of color during the fall foliage season, this is the place. Or perhaps you're looking for that white Christmas scene right out of the movies, or for the thrill of gliding down Mt. Mansfield on either two or one board strapped to your feet? Yes, our winters are world-renown for that as well.
While many of our guests can recognize that winter is what put Stowe, Vermont on the map, it is our spring, and especially the summer and fall seasons that prove to be our busiest of each year. We regularly have more guests here during the month of August and during the fall foliage season (mid September through mid October) than any other month/period of the year!
These are a just a few of our guests' favorite things to do:
- Hiking to the “Chin” of Mt. Mansfield or a casual walk in to see Moss Glen Falls
- Bicycling along some quiet country lanes or along the Rec. Path here in town
- Mountain biking along back logging lanes, to climbing single track trails through Cady Hill Forest, and everything in between
- Golf - lots of courses nearby
- Canoeing and Kayaking - bring your own or get into a tour along the Winooski or Lamoille rivers
- Swimming along the rivers and back country swimming holes
- Self-guided driving tours to witness our changing of the seasons
- Downhill skiing/snowboarding, cross country skiing and snowshoeing (borrow ours)
- Dog sledding, and dog carting in the summer months
- Snowshoe up “the Notch” and sled back to your car
- Grab one of our sleds and discover again (or for the first time) the joy of sledding down the “Town Hill”
- With a book, and favorite drink and our evening snack, catch the sunset off the back porch over Mt. Mansfield or warm up around our crackling wood burning stove in the living room as the seasons transition
Our favorite thing to do, however: assisting our guests as they discover their own unique adventure here in Stowe!